Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family

Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family

Saturday, August 23, 2008


Friday evening at 5:50pm, August 22, 2008 my father Kenneth Don Leighton passed away. He went peacefully in his sleep. I miss him dearly but I am so grateful for the time I have had with him on earth and I know I will see him again. He is such a caring, strong man who taught me the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ and the value of hard work and perseverance. He loves his family very much and we love him. I'm really going to miss his playfulness and his kindness. His love I will have with me always. I love you daddy.

15 comments:

AJ said...

Hi Aleena,
Found your blog through the Weeds. Just wanted to say that your dad was a good man and will be missed. From your grandfather's report in priesthood last Sunday, it seemed like time was short. May God bless you through this trying time.

Mike and Nikki said...

Alenna! I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. We are praying for you and your family.

Mom H. said...

Dearest Aleena,

Our hearts are with you and Dan and your family. Everyone who knew your dad will miss him--such a warm and likable guy.

I am sorry for your loss and I love you.

Jessica said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am so glad you got to be with him a lot this last little while. You are in my prayers.

Amanda said...

We are so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in our prayers.

Jennifer said...

Oh Aleena, I am so sorry. I didn't think it would be this soon. I am glad you made it out there to be with him and the rest of your family. My heart aches for you. You and your family are in my prayers.

Mother of Three said...

Aleena, your dad will really be missed! He is such a great man and such a huge asset to our family! I was glad to hear you were able to be here for a while even before your family came out (sorry about Dan's knee by the way!) Our prayers have been with you and continue to be with you and your family. We look forward to seeing you this weekend though the circumstances are not ideal. Love ya, Jace

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Aleena, I'm so sorry for your loss. I met your dad a couple times and admired the way you guys showed your love for each other. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Lots of love!

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

We are so sorry for loss and so happy that you were able to be with your family so much during this time. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Hil said...

We were sorry to hear the news. I am glad you were able to be there and spend time with your father before he passed away. You're in our prayers.

Unknown said...

My dear Sweet funny friend, I am so sorry to hear about you Dad passing away. Your sweet post about your Dad has touched my heart. Your family will need you strength and love right now. I pray that Heavenly Father will bless you with his ever comforting peace in these difficult days. Please stay in touch. Michelle

Tiffy!! said...

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. So grateful that we have the gospel in our lives to lean on. Please let me know if I can do anything. Love Tiff

Melissa B. said...

Aleena, I am so sorry to hear about your dad! You and your family will be in our prayers!

erin said...

hey aleena, its erin urrutia. (i found your blog via carlys.) we were so sorry to hear about your dad and were glad we were able to help cheryl with what little we could. your family is still in our prayers. we love you guys.

Erin Marriott said...

Oh Aleena, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I didn't think it would be this soon. You are so strong, and I love what you said about us having the gospel in our lives to put things into perspective. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through right now, but just know you are all in our thoughts and prayers. I wish I could give you a big hug, love ya.