Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family

Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family

Monday, January 17, 2011

Beach in January!



Some of our best beach trips have been in January! This year was no exception. It was a beautiful day of 62 degrees with no wind. In the summer time, the beaches in Northern California are often windy and about 65 to 75 degrees, so the beach in the winter is very fun for us. Three of Dan's cousins from Utah decided to take a sisters vacation to San Fransisco this weekend and we met up with them at the beach on Saturday. Daniel actually picked them up from their hotel and brought them to the beach and so my friend Melissa was sweet enough to drive up with me and come along for the fun. I'm so happy I was able to spend the day with her. We had a great time talking and hanging out.

Micah got down and dirty right away. He was a sand monster and he was loving every minute of it!

Uh oh, Micah's getting ready...who's his lucky target?

ME!!!

Dan had fun playing in the ocean and playing frisbee on the beach with his cousins. I'm glad we got to see Elsie, Kenzie, and Nelly. Fun!





Lea and Jonah were beach buddies playing in the water and the sand.


Jonah and Daniel decided to dig some holes. Micah kept wanting to go in the holes. It worked out great as a playpen for a while...



Until he started to get buried!
Look at that face!
Mommy rescued him right after taking a picture of his sad little face.
In contrast, Jonah was begging to be buried.




Micah just couldn't resist those holes.
Lea buried Jonah and made him a happy, sandy, boy.

1 comment:

Erin Marriott said...

Aleena, your family is so adorable! I had so much to catch up on here, I had to scroll back a few times! I love that you update your blog frequently, it will be so special for your kids to read someday! And my friend has turned her blog into Blurb books, which I totally want to do! Lea is getting so big! And Micah, doesn't it seem like you just had him?? He is adorable! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! And looked like your kids loved all the nerf gear this year! And love the jukebox, how fun! And I love that you do spiritual gifts too. We do gifts to Jesus, but I like this idea of yours too. It's so fun to see everyone's traditions! How fun that you got to go to the beach in January?! It looked like a nice day! Happy new year!