Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family

Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Beach Trip in January!

We live a little over an hour from Muir Woods Beach and we consider ourselves lucky to have 65 degree weather in January so why not go to the beach!?!

Of course Daniel brought along a raft. The ocean doesn't have rapids like the river but he had fun in the waves.
Lea and Jonah got right into the sand and shallow water to make creations and have fun!
Jonah made a sand turtle (with a little help from mommy)...
And then he helped Lea make sand cupcakes.


Once Dan's raft was full of air and ready to go he set out to sea.
Aleena said Bon Voyage and stayed in her beach chair reading a book. How relaxing!
Dan went out in the boat by himself first to test it out, then Lea joined him and she loved going over the waves - the bigger the better!
Soon Jonah joined in the fun, but he told his dad he didn't like the waves.
Mommy was ready to greet them when they came back ashore. So much fun!

These are pictures of Dan flying a remote control airplane he got for Christmas. He plays with it all the time so I got a couple of pictures today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wha a beautiful trip and i'm a little jealous that even though i love you snow you get to go to the beach. Love you guys and it was great seeing you.

Melissa B. said...

Now that's the kind of winter activities I like! Aleena - you look so cute with your little pregnant belly!

Erin Marriott said...

I loved all your pictures!! Christmas, Lea's haircut, your kids are getting so big. And how funny about those pots and pans from Costco...everytime I happen to pass that aisle I think I need them even more :) My sister has that set and loves them. Now I really think that's on my next list! You look great by the way...and how exciting you will soon have a new baby boy!! I personally liked Sean out of all your names, and another favorite is Caleb. But you almost have to not take anyone's opinion because ultimately you're the one who has to love that name. And your dad would be so proud to have his middle name. Congratulations!!! So exciting!!

Yolanda said...

Hey Aleena & Dan
In response to your question...if only the weather was the only deciding factor, duh it would probably be Florida over Michigan. Florida is the happenin place with a thousand things to do (but we'll be broke), Ft. Lauderdale is not exactly a family place or safe by any means. Steve was just way more impressed with the school in Michigan and the gorgeous city. He definitely felt that was the place for us. So it wasn't a contest really. As much as I love those Florida hurricanes and all, Michigan sounds great. Snow is beautiful...we'll adjust. Now if it was Puerto Rico and Michigan...that would be another story. :)

Mike and Nikki said...

We love Muir Woods! It is so much for to take a day trip there. We are lucky to live so close! It looks like everyone had a great time! So much fun!

Unknown said...

When we were in San Diego in November it was 80 degree's. Crazy. We loved the beach... You are look'n cute and prego...

Mother of Three said...

I am loving this weather! And in January! It's great! And Lea's haircut is adorable! She looks more like you!