Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family

Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family

Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Dad

A friend of mine is losing her dad to cancer and my heart aches for her and it aches for me. I miss my dad so much! It has not gotten easier, it only has gotten harder. Sometimes, when I think of my dad dying, I get angry. I WISH HE WAS STILL ALIVE AND HEALTHY! He was only 52! Although I know God has a plan and He knows best and I accept His will and trust in Him, I still sometimes feel like it's not fair. That I was robbed of time with my dad and my children were robbed of knowing their grandfather. I'm glad I have a great love for my dad and I know that he loves me with all his heart. That will never go away! The knowledge of the gospel is such a blessing, but it's still hard to be separated, although just for a time, from your loved ones. My brother is getting married in August and I'm excited for him, but I'm also so excited to be in the temple with my whole family, even my dad! I know he will be there and the sealing powers of the temple are real! Families ARE forever. I feel so blessed to know the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is here on the earth, that God does guide us through living prophets today, and that through sacred ordinances in the temple, families can be together through the eternities after this life. I really miss my dad, but I know I will see him again.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony. Your Dad sounds like a great man & a wonderful father.

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for your testimony, I love you and wish so much that things had worked out differently for your family. You are so strong and your testimony as well as your family's has always been a great strength to me. Love you tons!

Oh by the way, will you guys be around this weekend? Looks like we are taking a trip just for the heck of it out there, shhh, don't tell. :)

Laurel said...

This post made me cry. I am so sorry for you and your family, but thank you for sharing your powerful testimony of the gospel.