Lea is a first grader! My big girl! My stomach does a flip every time I think about her being at school for the full day. 6 1/2 hours is a LONG time for her to be unprotected by her mommy! She is so independent though and she was so excited about first grade. She had trouble going to sleep the night before school started. She was so cute in her new outfit and she did great at school on her first day. There are a lot of new things for a first grader to deal with - eating lunch in the cafeteria, etc. and Lea is adapting very well. Lea is my beautiful, smart, kind, sweet girl and I want her to have a great experience in first grade!
Jonah is in Kindergarten! I can't believe it. My sweet little boy is in school. I know it will be so good for him but he and I were both nervous about it. He was much more confident once he received a Father's blessing the night before. His faith is so strong and he is so sweet. I want all the children and teachers to be kind to Jonah and I want him to have a fun and successful year in kindergarten. The first day seemed to go well and I am very excited to see his growth and development this year!
First I dropped off Lea in front of her classroom. She was happy to be with some familiar faces. She knows a few girls from last year and she has made friends with a girl who has recently moved to the area a couple of months ago. These first graders were ready to start their first day of school!
Next I brought Jonah to his classroom. He was excited to see his name at his desk and to see his very own pencil box filled with crayons and such. He was very brave when I was getting ready to leave but he made sure to stop and ask me where I was picking him up. This was very important to him. He wanted to make sure that he would be able to find me. So sweet!
1 comment:
Wow! Two in school! They sure do grow up fast.
Post a Comment