Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family

Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family

Monday, October 17, 2011

Girl Scouts


Last week Lea and I had the opportunity to host a Brownie meeting for Lea's girl scout troop. Since I was in charge, I chose for the girls to earn a cooking badge/patch. There were 10 girls over and I planned for the meeting to be during Micah's nap, so it worked perfectly. Jonah joined along and we had a great time.

After the pledge of allegiance and the girl scout promise we started cooking.
We began by making pizza! The girls helped me make pizza dough following a recipe that I gave to each of them. Then while that was rising, the girls used dough that I had made earlier that had already risen to make individual pizzas with their choice of toppings. This was very fun!


Jonah sneaking a little cheese.

While the pizzas cooked, we made recipe books and the girls glued their pizza dough recipe onto the first page. And then we made fruit kabobs to eat with our pizzas when they came out of the oven. It was a fun and delicious brownie meeting!





The meeting ended with the girl scout friendship circle. Lea loves being in girl scouts and as a former girl scout myself it was fun to have this meeting with them.

No comments: