Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Violated
So, today started as a wonderful day. In the morning I took the kids to the fire station for a preschool field trip. The weather was perfect. After several rainy days it was sunny. Then we played at the park and went home for lunch. The kids played in the back yard and I got some bills paid, then we watched an episode of scooby doo while I took out a sliver from Jonah's finger. We went to the grocery store and Lea and Jonah were very good. Amazingly they didn't whine or beg for anything. We paid for our groceries and bagged everything up and took our stuff to the car when I realized that I didn't have my wallet. I went back inside the store to the cashier at the cash register and asked if he had seen a wallet. I looked all over, went back to my car to check the grocery bags - no wallet. After the manager reviewed the video tape from that regisster, it turns out a woman 2 people behind me stole my wallet. It was very obvious that she was being sneaky about it and stole it. This was no accident. So of course I feel violated and vulnerable. All of my credit cards, debit cards, $50 cash, drivers liscence, a bank card with my checking account number, Lea and Jonah's birth certificates, my insurance cards, everything was in my wallet! I feel terrible! What a horrible ending to a great day. The police have the lady's name and liscence plate number and she is caught on tape. I am just so sad that she made that bad decision. It really hurt my peace of mind! I don't know if I'll get my wallet back, but it really stinks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh I'm so sorry! How awful! In November of 2007, some lady walked into Bruce's work and stole his laptop (people were working upstairs but no one was downstairs yet). You can see her walk into his office on camera and emerge with the laptop hidden under her coat. Ugh, so violating. Why do people do things like that? At that time, Kaitlyn prayed for Heavenly Father and Jesus to help the lady not steal anymore.....and to please give her sunshine, because people who have sunshine do not steal. I hope your wallet is recovered, and that the lady will get some sunshine and come clean.
Man, that is too bad Aleena. My wallet slipped out of my pocket on the Metro about a year ago and it truly is the worst feeling in the world and such a hassle to have to call all the card companies to cancel and such. Best of luck getting it all sorted out.
Oh Aleena, that is terrible!! I'm so sorry to hear that, and it's really too bad that when times are tough for people they stoop THAT low. I hope they catch her soon, good thing it was caught on tape. I loved reading down and catching up on your Valentine's pictures! You and Dan are so cute, I LOVE what he wrote about you, and your love story, it was fun to hear how you two met. Also, your heart shaped pancakes turned out perfect! You'll have to tell me your secret, ours were so deformed!
how disappointing, i'm so sorry. i've had my wallet stollen twice before but not with AS MUCH important information. i think knowing who stole your wallet and when probably makes your situation worse. i hope you can eventually get it back!
I sure know how it feels to be violated after having our car broken into just before Christmas with all our luggage and my purse stolen as well. But I'm sure it might even be or sicken to have it happen right under your nose. It is no fun to have to go cancel everything and wonder about the personal records. I'm so sorry. This days I am afraid more of this stuff will be happening. Good luck straighten out this mess.
I am SOOO sorry about your wallet!!! I've had my wallet stolen (someone smashed the van window and stole it of the car) before and it is HORRIBLE and I agree, you definately feel violated. I am glad they have the woman's name, etc. Good luck with all the work of putting life back together . . . It times like this I remind myself to keep an eternal perspective--so happy there is no such thing as wallets in heaven! Love you guys!
How Crappy! It's made even worse that you're 8-9 months pregnant-I'm sure you're tired (at least I was) and the last thing you need is to spend the hours on the phone it will take to get everything sorted. I hate spending time on the phone doing that type of stuff. I'm sorry!
I'm so sorry Aleena!!!! This is an awful thing and it is even worse that she did it with you standing there! I just had someone get ahold of all my personal information (social security number, address, etc) about 2 months ago and they tried to charge $50,000 on our credit card and opened about 6 other credit cards. It is such a headache to have to deal with all of that.
Thank you to everyone for you comments! They have lifted me up and made me feel better.
Oh my gosh...how horrible! I really hope they catch her so you can get your wallet back and feel more peace of mind. I guess I better start paying more attention to my wallet!
Post a Comment