So I am a little odd. I own that. I am comfortable with my oddness, but wonder sometimes if there are others like me. Specifically, while driving down the street/freeway, often there are items that have been blown off vehicles lying in the street- depending on the item I will pull over and toss it to the side if it is dangerous debris, or if it is roadside booty, something I consider of value, I'll take it home. I have collected most of my gas cans this way, various straps, a tent, a weed sprayer, screw drivers and a jogging stroller. My latest score happened today, I passed a "#10 Can" of tomato sauce in the middle of oncoming traffic. It looked dangerous, so I flipped around and had my brother-in-law snag it. Off the the side of the road were 5 more cans and its card board case. None were ruptured and all had good expiration codes. I figure it was about $14 worth of sauce. So do any of you out there stop for debris? And who's hungry for spaghetti?
Daniel and Aleena Boyer Family
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Roadside Booty
So I am a little odd. I own that. I am comfortable with my oddness, but wonder sometimes if there are others like me. Specifically, while driving down the street/freeway, often there are items that have been blown off vehicles lying in the street- depending on the item I will pull over and toss it to the side if it is dangerous debris, or if it is roadside booty, something I consider of value, I'll take it home. I have collected most of my gas cans this way, various straps, a tent, a weed sprayer, screw drivers and a jogging stroller. My latest score happened today, I passed a "#10 Can" of tomato sauce in the middle of oncoming traffic. It looked dangerous, so I flipped around and had my brother-in-law snag it. Off the the side of the road were 5 more cans and its card board case. None were ruptured and all had good expiration codes. I figure it was about $14 worth of sauce. So do any of you out there stop for debris? And who's hungry for spaghetti?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that's awesome!!
You're so funny! I think the tent is a pretty good find!
Post a Comment